Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Well, excuse' moi

I've received a couple of emails now from loyal blogfoot readers / wiseacres telling me that they tried to translate my German-language review of the Kraftwerk concert via Babelfish and that while it did translate to English, it was stilted English that didn't make complete sense.

Well, I don't know what to tell you. I wrote my review in English, went to the Babelfish site and translated it into German, then pasted that translation in my blogger browser. Why is it not working in reverse? Beats me. That said, here is the gist of my review, now properly translated:

The concert was cool.

For those of you that are unhappy with how my clever German trick played out, I have but one thing to say to you. In the spirit of this post, it is an old Russian phrase my dad used to say to my brother and I when, as youngsters, we would express concerns about the unfairness of life. And that phrase is this: Tough shitski.

2 comments:

Jefferton said...

Your blog would be a lot more interesting if you used Babelfish to translate all of your posts to German and then back again... "It was an attack on the directions"... "I recommend it in high of degrees"... You just can't write that kind of shit.

Blogfoot said...

I think I've just been insulted.