Thursday, March 27, 2008

That personal touch all too-often lacking in today's marketplace

I recently bought a used book online for $1.99 + shipping, and was pleased to see the following email confirmation in my inbox. It read:

SUBJECT: Your order has shipped

Your order has been gently taken from our shelf with sterilized contamination-free gloves and placed onto a satin pillow. We all had a wonderful celebration afterwards, and the whole party marched down the street to the post office, and waved 'Bon Voyage!' to your package. I typed the label using your expanded nine digit zip code so that it will reach you as soon as possible.

I hope you had a wonderful time shopping. We sure enjoyed it. Your picture is on our wall as 'Customer of the Year'. We're all exhausted but can't wait for you to come back. If you enjoy this service please leave me some positive feedback at http://www.amazon.com/feedback Thanks!
-goodbiz


I know it's a form letter, but I still like the cut of it's gib.

No comments: