Tuesday, November 07, 2006

In the future cars will fly, people will use 90% of their brain capacity and dancing will be even sexier

Here's a clip from the pilot episode of "Buck Rogers in the 25th Century", a terrifically bad TV show from the early 80's. I watched this show as a young lad, but rest assured I hated it. I only tolerated it because I was sci-fi starved at that point in my life. It was from the unfertile mind of a fiend known Glen A. Larson, the man behind "Battlestar Galactica." It shared that show's lame attempts at humor and recycling of the same 3 special effects shots. It also had a shitty robot named Twikki who was voiced by Mel Blanc, the throat behind Bug Bunny.

The clip below shows the recently-thawed Buck attend a formal event in the future, held in honor of the heavily lip-glossed Princess Ardala. I think Buck ended up banging her later. In fact, if memory serves, Buck tried to bang anything that came near him on this show. He was easily one of the horniest characters in TV history, perhaps rivaling even the great Captain Kirk.

Anyway, Buck finds the event to be rather stodgy, and decides to "turn this mother out," as the kids say. What happens next may cause blindness, and perhaps in rare cases, infertility to those who subject themselves to repeated viewings. You've been warned.

7 comments:

James Baker said...

hey hey hey! No harshing on Glen A. Larson. Without him we wouldn't have had the NEW Battlestar Galactica and all them hot cylon wimminz

Blogfoot said...

I will let that clip be my rebuttal.

James Baker said...

plus... I have to confess.... I actually LIKED those old shows back then...
sheesh

Anonymous said...

Damn you Blogfoot- once again you have dredged up horrid memories that I had long repressed. For chrissakes- I had those freakin' toys as a kid.

Blogfoot said...

Glad I could be of service.

James Baker said...

beegy beegy beegy

Anonymous said...

if they had just held the camera on that hot villainess wearing the kooky hat made of upside-down genie shoes the scene would have won an emmy.

speaking of really great dancing ...